Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Conclusion of 'Things'

Back in Summer 2010, I took a course with Dr. Austin. Part of that course included exploration of the 23 Things. So I had completed quite a few of the original 23 Things. That is why I chose to explore the ExploreDiscoverPlay's Things (http://explorediscoverplay.blogspot.com/), as well as the few other spots I mentioned. I'm glad I did because it was a rich resource and one I still haven't finished exploring.

 My goal was to discover some 'things' that were entirely new to me and some that would primarily benefit my job now as a media specialist at an elementary school. I believe I accomplished that. I believe the best of these 'things' for my library and profession were LinkedIn and Authors on the Web/Author Yellow Pages. My favorite personal exploration was learning more about MP3s and designing my Directory 2.0 as my new homepage here on my computer. (Now I'm all psyched up to get myself an MP3 player! lol...)

I enjoyed this learning experience and felt I truly dug deep to find items that were meaningful for me. I look forward to continuing this exploration on my own time!

No comments:

Post a Comment